Subscribe to my podcast?

Monday, April 7, 2008

CHAMPIONS!


National Champions. I never thought I'd live to see the day a favorite sports team actually became champions. I was six years old when the Kansas basketball team last won it all, but back then I wasn't a fan yet. Yes, I hopped on the bandwagon about that time. Same with the Royals back in 1985. I was four years old, but really became a fan a couple years after that.

This is one of the greatest nights in my life. I will talk trash to my friends,oh yes...especially the ones who said KU was just not good enough to win it all, that Memphis, that North Carolina, that Davidson were all just too good.

Well let me tell you something- KU is now the best.

I will relish every moment of celebration and remember this night for the rest of my life. This is what being a fan is all about.

20 years of ups and downs, of highs and lows, of heartbreaks and then some more heartbreaks. Of losing to Bradley and Bucknell in the first round. Of losing to Syracuse by 3 points when I was student at KU back in '03. All of that doesn't matter anymore because we have reached the ultimate goal. A national championship.

No comments: