Subscribe to my podcast?

Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Transitional Period

Today I am sitting in an empty house. Shannon and the cats are gone, as are most of the furniture and things. It's sort of depressing. We have lived in this house for over three years, and we are sad to be leaving.
My life has gone through some big changes recently. I quit my job at Towne Park (formerly Avascend and before that formerly AVP) after working there for well over four years, and it still feels weird not to park cars for elderly patients everyday. Now I am student teaching at Westside Middle School, and, while I thoroughly enjoy it, am still trying to adjust to new the schedule.
The biggest and most difficult change in my life is the fact that I will be away from Shannon for over four months while I am student teaching in Omaha and she is living next door to her parents down in Bonner Springs. She is just three hours away, but we only get to see each other on the weekends and it will certainly be hard. My hope is that we both stay busy enough during the week that we won't miss each other as much.
So this weekend we moved out of our house. Next weekend, I will be moving in with a friend and fellow student teacher, and because I only get one room there I had to ship most of my stuff with Shannon's parents to store in their basement.
I graduate in December and then will most likely have a difficult time finding a teaching job, because apparently everyone in the world wants to teach social studies. That's okay, I can substitute in the mean time, and at least then I will be with Shannon everyday. Oh, and the cats! Man it's quiet without them here.


No comments: